Free Douay-Rheims Bible Software
Welcome to www.bible73.com! Here you can download free software
containing the following:
1. The Douay-Rheims translation of the Bible, along with the notes by Bishop
Richard Challoner. (Click here to learn why I chose
the Douay-Rheims version.)
2. Definitions of unfamiliar words in the Bible. Simply click on a word to see
a brief definition.
3. Cross-references between verses.
4. A concordance that lets you look up any single word or multiple words.
(What's a concordance?)
There's no catch. The software is free, and in the public domain (with no
run on any computer, smartphone, or Android tablet that has a Web browser. No
Internet connection is needed to run the program, because all the files are
local, residing on your device.
There's nothing hidden in the software (e.g., spyware) - you can examine the
HTML files to assure yourself of that. I simply wanted to make my favorite
translation of the Bible as easy to use as possible by making it accessible on
your device, even when you don't have an Internet connection. I also wanted
to make it a little less difficult to read by providing brief definitions of
Downloading and Installing the Software
1. Tap or click
here to download bible.zip (less than 5 MB)
to your computer, smartphone, or Android tablet. The software was last updated
2. Tap or double click bible.zip on your device. It will unpack into
1,451 files. (Don't be concerned if some of the file names appear cryptic.)
3. Then simply tap, double click, or point your browser to bible.htm to start
4. If you have any questions, please contact me. I'm here to help!
My name is John Herro, and you can reach me at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or at
JOHN J HERRO
5771 SPIRE RIDGE CT
CINCINNATI OH 45247-3268
U. S. A.
(To reduce the amount of spam that I receive, I change my E-address
periodically, but you can always find my latest E-address and current postal
address here on this page.)
I'd love to hear from you! Please send me your comments and suggestions.
God bless you and yours,
- John Herro
E-mail or postal mail, I'll reply, but I won't reveal your E-address or postal
address to anyone else. I dislike spam and junk postal mail as must as you do!